SANAM CHANDRA PALACE + NAKHON PATHOM CITY + SAMPRAN RIVERSIDE
The name derives from the Pali words Nagara Pathama, meaning First city, and Nakhon Pathom is often referred as Thailand’s oldest city. Archaeological remains have been linked to the (pre-Thai) Dvaravati kingdom, dating to the 6th through 11th centuries.
Nakhon Pathom Province centuries ago was a coastal city on the route between China and India; due to sedimentation from the Chao Phraya river, the coast line moved much farther to sea. When the Tha Chin river changed its course, the city lost its main water source and thus was deserted, the population moving to a city called Nakhon Chaisi (or Sirichai). King Mongkut (Rama IV) ordered the restoration of Phra Pathom Chedi, which was then crumbling and abandoned in the jungle. A city gradually formed around it, bringing new life to Nakhon Pathom. A museum presents the archaeological record of the city’s history.
Major settlement of the province included emigration beginning in the reign of King Buddha Loetla Nabhalai (Rama II), which included Khmer villages (e.g. Don Yai Hom), the Lanna populated (Baan Nua) and Lao Song villages (e.g. Don Kanak), as well as a major influx of Southern Chinese in the late 1800s and early 1900s. Today Nakhon Pathom attracts people from all over Thailand, most notably from Bangkok and the Northeastern, plus Burmese migrant workers. The province includes industrial zones, major university towns, government offices relocated from Bangkok and agricultural and transport hubs.
Sampran Riverside (formerly known as Rose Garden Riverside) is a family-run property close to Bangkok, where visitors can experience authentic Thai way of life and learn about our local wisdom. For decades it has been considered one of Bangkok’s favorite attractions because of the obvious dedication to preserving Thailand’s natural and cultural heritage by engaging with the local community. It all began in 1962, when one family cultivated roses to supply them to Bangkok flower markets and their garden of blossoming roses attracted visitors who then referred to the place as ‘Suan Sampran’ or ‘the Rose Garden’. Since then, with the family’s unique vision and under the care of three generations, Sampran Riverside has grown gradually to a 70-acre riverside property that is more like a community rather than a ‘typical’ resort.
Today our facilities in the property include a 4 star riverside hotel with 160 rooms, 6 antique Thai houses around a serene lake, Arusaya Spa, 4 restaurants, 10 meetings rooms, a 10-acre Organic Farm, a Weekend Farmer’s Market and the unique Thai Village Cultural Centre, a popular tourist attraction for over 40 years now.
Whether it is a desire for an eco-cultural tour or simply to relax and rejuvenate, Sampran Riverside provides a perfect city break for a one day trip near Bangkok or an overnight trip all year round.
- Round Trip Transfer
- English Speaking guide
- Admission fee
- Child Height over 120cm will be charge as adult rate
- Children aged 0-2 can join the tour for free provided they do not occupy an additional seat
- Children aged 3-8 would be charged 75% of tours rate.
- Children over 8 would be considered as adult
- Our tours is available almost everyday, in case of any urgency or cancellation we will inform you before 12 hours of tours time. Our Customer Service Representative may suggest you some other day or refund you money immediately.
- This tour is available in English language only but you can request Private tour for many different languages Chinese, Japanese and Korean. Please specify your preferred language if you make a private tours booking.
- Please wait at Hotel Lobby 15 minutes before the time specified on this voucher to start.
- Any late from your side may be re-allocated to a later time if available, Otherwise this will be auto canceled with charge 100%.
- Driver can be late up to 15- 45 Minutes due to Traffic or any unwanted clauses.
- You do not need to show voucher, just show them mobile voucher or booking confirmation on mobile for this activity to our Guide.
- Please note the activity time can be affected by several factors including weather, equipment maintenance or safety protocols.
- LooknTrip reserve the rights to cancel any booking because of bad weather condition or natural disaster.
- Please always try to update us with room numbers after check-in to Hotel.
- Always try to book your service very carefully.
- Please always read Inclusions and exclusions very carefully
Once booking is done.It is non refundable.