- Stops to discover Omaha Beach, Pointe du Hoc, Arromanches (or Juno Beach)
- Visit at your own pace the Memorial de Caen – Peace Museum
- With an expert professional guide, follow in the footsteps of those who experienced the war
- Find out all about the Allied landings on the beaches of Normandy
- One hour free time to explore the American Cemetery at Colleville-sur-Mer
Enjoy a full day excursion from Paris to the D-Day Beaches in Normandy in the company of an official guide, who will bring these historic sites to life.
On June 6, 1944, known as D-Day, the Allies opened a new European front against the troops of the Third Reich during the Second World War. It was the largest military operation in history, which marked the beginning of the Battle of Normandy and would lead to the end of the Second World War. More than 150,000 soldiers from America, Britain, Canada and many other nations landed by sea and air on a number of beaches along the Normandy coastline (Utah Beach, Omaha Beach, Juno Beach, etc.) and at the steep cliffs at Pointe du Hoc.
Leave our agency in Central Paris at 7 am for a unique day in Normandy. Relax on the luxury air-conditioned coach journey and admire the beautiful landscapes of the Normandy countryside as you reach the Caen Memorial Museum at around 10:15 am.
The Caen Memorial Museum, also known as the Peace Museum, tells the story of the various stages of the Second World War, in particular the Battle of Normandy and the advance of the Allied forces across France. You will have the chance to see everyday objects from life under occupation, maps, and models of military vehicles, as well as film screenings that recreate the emotions of D-Day and the Battle of Normandy.
In the afternoon, your tour will continue to several of the iconic landmarks that played a part in the landings.
Your first stop will be at the Pointe du Hoc, overlooking the hundred-foot-high cliffs between Utah and Omaha beaches. Stormed by the American Rangers on June 6, it was one of the key German fortified sites along the Normandy coast and was equipped, at that time, with extensive heavy artillery.
You will then visit the famous American Cemetery at Saint Laurent, located just above Omaha Beach, near the town of Colleville-sur-Mer. This 170-acre site is home to 9,387 white marble headstones, lined up perfectly across the grass, a memorial, a chapel, and the Garden of the Missing. It pays tribute to the American soldiers that died during the Battle of Normandy and is one of 25 permanent burial sites in the United States and abroad. A small trail leads down the hill to Omaha Beach, giving you the opportunity to walk across the sand. You will have one hour to explore the site.
Following this visit, you will stop at Arromanches, a historic town known for its artificial port, which was built to assist the Normandy landings. On D-Day, the harbour saw the unloading of almost 10,000 tons of equipment. You can still make out the floating reinforced concrete "Phoenix" constructions in the water.
Otherwise, you will make a short photo-stop near the sandy Juno Beach and its cemetery, one of the key D-Day landing beaches for Canadian troops on June 6, 1944.
Return to Paris scheduled for approximately 9 pm.
- The tour includes a stop at Arromanches or Juno Beach
- The departure for the one day tour including pick up at your residence in Paris will be around 6 am.
- The departure for the two day tour in Normandy will be at 7.15 am from Paris City Vision agency
- On-site visit duration: 7h
- Admission to the Caen Memorial Museum
- Transport to and from Paris by luxury air-conditioned coach
- Visit to the American Cemetery in Saint Laurent
- Services of a tour guide
- Lunch with drinks at the Caen Memorial Museum
- Transfers to and from your hotel (or other accommodation) depending on the tour selected
- Signatory of Caring Attitude, the health commitment charter of the city of Paris
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas, on board vehicles, in our premises
- Face masks or vizor required for guides
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- cashless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Once booking is done.It is non refundable.