- Wander Giverny at your own leisure
- Contemplate the flamboyant garden at Giverny, a source of inspiration for Monet’s impressionist works
- Come discover the life of Claude Monet through audio guide commentary
- On this half-day excursion, you can see the Fondation Claude Monet at your own leisure.
The tour leaves from our office near the Louvre, where you’ll be given an audio guide for the visit. After about a 1 hr. 30 min. trip through the verdant countryside, you will arrive in Giverny. You will have two hours to tour Monet’s home, his studio and vibrantly colored gardens.
Claude Monet lived with his family for more than 40 years in this Normand village. Follow in Monet’s footsteps as you visit the house, which includes the “blue sitting room,” his reading room which opens into the “pantry” where he kept tea, oil, spices and eggs. Continue on to the dining room, which houses the private apartments and one of the world’s largest Japanese print collections.
The visit continues with a stroll through the luscious Monet garden, which was the main source of inspiration for this indisputable founding father of impressionism. During this walk, you can listen to audio guide commentary about Monet’s life, works and career. Take in the vibrant flower-lined central path, which is surrounded by roses, nasturtium, and flowerbeds of all kinds, offering a wide spectrum of color. Cross the Clos-Normand, where you will find flowers from the Far East. Finally, you’ll come upon the magnificent water garden, famous for its water lilies, weeping willows, and the celebrated Japanese bridge spanning the pond.
- Audio guides may not be used inside the Monet House and in the studio, as the rooms are very narrow
- Audio guides should be picked up at our office before departure
- Download our tour leaflet by clicking HERE
- On-site visit duration: 2h
- The services of a tour escort
- Audio guide available in 10 languages
- Round trip transport in air-conditionned coach
- Entrance ticket to the Giverny Monet's gardens
- Transfers to and from your accommodation in Paris
- Guided visit
- Signatory of Caring Attitude, the health commitment charter of the city of Paris
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas, on board vehicles, in our premises
- Face masks or vizor required for guides
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- cashless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Once booking is done.It is non refundable.