GIVERNY MONET'S GARDENS AUDIO GUIDED TOUR & PAINTING WORKSHOP & LUNCH
Enjoy this complete tour to visit Giverny in total freedom. After exploring Claude Monet's house and gardens in Giverny, you will enjoy lunch in an authentic background. A painting workshop will be suggested before a free time in the village of Giverny.
Head to our Paris City Vision office to kick off a bright and colorful excursion. You will make your way through Paris and the gorgeous landscapes of the Normandy countryside aboard our air-conditioned coach. You will arrive in Giverny after about 1.5 hours of driving, and your guide will escort you to the entrance of the estate. He will explain the day and give you the audio-guides that you can use in Monet's gardens.
You may choose to start your day by touring Claude Monet's house. This residence nestled in the Giverny gardens is where the impressionist master lived for the last 40 years of his life. The inside of this two-story home boasts a magnificent decor. You can immerse yourself in Monet's world as you gaze upon the many paintings on display in the rooms of the house.
Your visit continues with a walk through Claude Monet's gardens, which have been preserved in their original state, as you listen to the commentary on your audio guide. Stroll through the Clos Normand and its stunning paths and flower beds bursting with a thousand colors. Lose yourself in the imagination of Claude Monet as you discover the water garden surrounded by majestic weeping willows. You cannot help but take amazing photos of the Japanese bridge spanning the waterlily pond, which was immortalized so many times in the artist's canvases. As you meander, you will understand the extent to which this garden-inspired Monet's impressionist works.
A shuttle bus will then take you to the Moulin de Fourges restaurant, where you will have lunch in a charming setting. You will then taste typical dishes of French cuisine.
Kir Normand with cider
Mackerel bread with vegetables and white wine, herbed sauce
Roasted chicken breast, mushroom cream and mashed potato with salted butter
Norman apple tart, scoop of ice cream and caramel coulis
White and red wine + Still and sparkling water, Coffee or Tea
* Menu subject to modifications
The afternoon will start with a painting workshop organized inside or in the small garden of the restaurant. A local painter will then give you the keys to discover Impressionism. You will compose your canvas of fields of flowers, trees, river, and sky. You will follow the advice of this expert who will show you how to use a knife and the right colored paints to create a real impressionist work. You will then leave with a masterpiece as a souvenir of this unique experience!
Weather permitting, we will drive you back to Giverny to visit this charming little village. You will be able to wander through the narrow streets along which many painters and sculptors' galleries can be found. The picturesque streets are also home to bakeries and cafés, highlighting the very French character of this small Norman town. You can take a walk to the tomb of Claude Monet located near the church, at the end of the street named after this master of Impressionism.
With colors full eyes, you will leave amazed in the direction of Paris. You will not forget this day, which will have plunged you in the softness of impressionist Normandy. You will arrive at our agency at around 6.45 pm.
Please Note :
- Self-guided tour of Giverny
- Audio guide available in Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish
- The audio guides cannot be used inside Monet's house
- Download our tour leaflet by clicking HERE
- Alternative meals to food restrictions (vegetarian, gluten-free...) available on request
- Lunch at the Moulin de Fourges restaurant
- Painting workshop
- Tour escort
- Entrance ticket for the Claude Monet Foundation in Giverny
- Round trip transportation from Paris
- Transfers to and from your accommodation
- Signatory of Caring Attitude, the health commitment charter of the city of Paris
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas, on board vehicles, in our premises
- Face masks or vizor required for guides
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- cashless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Once booking is done.It is non refundable.