The history of Shamakhi starts from 5th century BC, and is popular with its landscape and literature in Azerbaijan. In the 9th -16th centuries it was the capital of Shirvan Empire, and in the mid-18th century it used to be the center of Shamakhi Khanate. The first mosque of all Caucasus and Azerbaijan - the Juma Mosque is in Shamakhi. It is additionally called the City of Literature since it was the native land of many Azerbaijani poets. Present day Shamakhi is a recognized center of carpet weaving and winemaking.
Located in Upper Caucasus, Lahij was built in 5th century BC, and in 1980 was announced as Historical-Cultural Reserve of Azerbaijan. Tat - the dialect of Old Persian - remains to this day the primary language in the village. Lahij has preserved its culture and trade, and is considered as craft center of the Great Silk Road up to now.
- A full-day tour from Baku to the Shamakhi & Lahij region
- See the first mosque of the Caucasus - Juma Mosque
- Experience the work of the local handicraft masters lively
- Beautiful scenery of Lesser Caucasus mountains at 2,070 m
- Enjoy complimentary round-trip transportation from your hotel
- Pickup from hotel.
- Visit to Shamakhi
- Juma Mosque: The oldest mosque of all Caucasus and Azerbaijan
- “Diri Baba” Sufi Dervish Mausoleum
- Visit to Lahij
- Sightseeing places on the way to Lahij (2070 m above the sea level)
- Walking through Lahij trade street, visiting the workshops of the local handicraft masters
- Visit to Lahij History Museum and the Mosque.
- Back to Baku, drop-off to hotel
- Pick-up from your hotel, and drop-off back to your hotel
- Professional tour guide
- Comfortable transportation
Know before You book:
- Children under the age 6 are free of charge
- Hotel Pickup to be arranged after booking. Please contact Lookntrip Baku at least 24hrs before travel to provide your accommodation details and arrange pickup
Know before You go:
- Recommended to take some additional cash for shopping in Lahij
- Please contact TES Tour Baku at least 24 hours before travel to provide your accommodation details and arrange pickup
Once booking is done.It is non refundable.